2011 Taste of Chamblee Introduces Poster Art Contest
The 4th Annual Taste of Chamblee Festival will award three prizes to poster contest entrants this year. All three winners’ artwork will be produced as posters for display at City Hall and the 4th of July Celebration. The grand prize winner will be used for marketing for the festival.
Winner to be announced at Chamblee 4th of July Event (Keswick Park)
Grand Prize Winner: The grand prize winner will be selected by the Festival’s Visual Art Committee. The winning artist will receive a cash prize from the Festival in the amount of $200, a featured blog post on the Festival’s website at thetasteofchamblee.com, 3 Taste of Chamblee Festival t-shirts, and 10 printed copies of his/her poster.
Second Place Winner: The second place winner will be selected by the Festival’s Visual Art Committee. The winning artist will receive a cash prize from the Festival in the amount of $100, a featured blog post on the Festival’s website at thetasteofchamblee.com, 3 Taste of Chamblee Festival t-shirts, and a framed copy of his/her poster.
Third Place Winner: The third place winner will be selected by the Festival’s Visual Art Committee. The winning artist will receive will receive festival foodtickets for the day of the Festival in the amount of $75, a Taste of Chamblee t-shirt, and a framed copy of his/her poster.
June 17: Deadline for entries
July 4: Winners announced at the City of Chamblee 4th of July Celebration
July 10: All winners posted on www.thetasteofchamblee.com website and displayed at City Hall until the festival
Rules and Guidelines
The winning artwork will creatively represent The Taste of Chamblee Festival’s mission to connect the community to the arts and culture in Chamblee.
• All artwork must be original.
• Artwork must proportional to and no smaller than 11 inches wide by 14 inches tall.
• All entries should be in completed and finished form and the artist’s name and telephone number written on the back of the entry. Artwork may be signed but not matted.
• All mediums will be considered: watercolor, photography, pen and ink, oil, collage, acrylics and digital image. If sending a digital image please include a print out and a file (EPS or JPEG) on CD or DVD. Files unable to be opened will not be taken into consideration. If you have a question please contact the email address below. No entries will be accepted via email.
• Artwork must prominently incorporate the Taste of Chamblee Festival logo. The logo can be recreated or stylized to match your artwork but must be recognizable and prominent. A position can be designated for the use of the digital logo and will be added. Go to www.thetasteofchamblee.com to download the logo.
• Do not include the Festival dates, locations, website, in the artwork. This information will be added by the Festival outside the dimensions of the artwork.
• Final winning poster will be printed in full color.
For More Information Please Contact
Jim Loser, President of Chamblee Alliance for Art & Culture